Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pinks Please!

If you have somehow missed it, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. This is the month when it seems that the whole world has turned pink! Due to the loss and suffering of some good friends, this month holds a special place in my heart. And well, pink IS my favotite color! So, when OPI releases their BCA nail polish, I get pretty excited. It is PINK, it is SPARKLY, and it is for a good CAUSE! What more can I ask for?
Unfortunately, this time, I was not too impressed. The duo is a very pretty pale pink and a nice sparkly glitter. The both look amazing in the bottle. The pink, I Think In Pink,  is very pale. It took three coats just for it to have any opacity at all. It is a pretty color, just a little too subtle for my taste. 

So, I did some layering with You Glitter Be Good To Me. This definitely helped. This polish has great coverage and tons of glitter! It contains a nice medium sized bright pink hex glitter, and small pink/gold glitter
But it still needed something...
So I added another layer of I Think In Pink over the glitter. It makes a nice glitter sandwich and finally achieved the opacity and beautiful pink color I was looking for!
 Finally!




OPI You Glitter Be Good To Me



OPI I Think In Pink


 Even though I am not CRAZY about either of these colors on their own, I think they will be great for mixing up with some different colors. One plus, I got a cute little OPI bag for buying the set. And of course, it is PINK!



No comments:

Post a Comment